Nearly a month has gone by since my last post – apparently we’ve been busy. What have we been up to? Traveling, playing in the snow, playing outside in what looked like the beginnings of Spring, fighting seemingly never ending colds, and trying to stay afloat. Here are some of the highlights:
- In March I traveled to Baltimore to attend the National Council on Public History conference. This is my favorite history related conference and my trip was full of inspiring conversations, learning, and public history goodness. As per usual I wrote about this experience over on Historical Reminiscents, my history related site.
- While I was away in Baltimore Andrew and Little Miss spent some time out at Basswood Lake and enjoyed quality cousin time. Little Miss started to master the uneven surfaces of outside while there and is now running circles in our yard at home.
- I’ve been learning how to wrangle Wikipedia entries. At work I’ve been updating and creating new pages associated with our archival fonds.
- I’ve also had the chance to setup social media accounts for the archives at work. I have lots of experience using Facebook and Twitter as promotion tools so have continued using those, but also setup a Tumblr account as part of this process. Thankfully one of my colleagues has been really helpful in explaining some of the best ways to use Tumblr and manage visual content on that site.
- Little Miss is starting to get a ton of words. We went on a walk the other day and she was chatting away about trees. She was also running toward every puddle in sight. Fun times.